I noticed that a lot of devs have changed from Eclipse to IntelliJ

The free community edition is fine for working on JOSM and we have some ultimate licenses available if any core dev needs them.

We currently have those build systems checked into our svn repository:
* ant
* Eclipse
In #17218 [1] I added a first patch to support IntelliJ as well.
The problem is: If we add support for IntelliJ, we have to update 3 build systems every time we change something. So it would be best to drop Eclipse then. Eclipse was not developed that much in the last view years and lacks behind IntelliJ a lot, especially when it comes to debugging.

Therefore, I would like to get a short heads up from JOSM core devs, if you are using (or want to be using) IntelliJ or Eclipse (or if you don't care).

It is probably best if we continue the discussion in the ticket.

Michael

[1] https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/17218