----- Original Message -----
From: "Melvina Desouza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 10:05 AM
Subject: Testimony!

| Dear Brothers and Sisters,
|
| I would like to share my testimony with you of my job.
|
| Thanks Welchy for encouraging me to share it for the benefit of those who
are in desperate need of a Job.

| After I had completed my graduation, like all others, I was on a hunt for
a job. I got one as accounts assistance.  I worked for 5 months but did not
enjoy work for a single moment.  It was so boring. I was very restless.  I
knew this was not my field.  And the pay was equal to nothing.  I prayed for
direction.

| Then a friend of mine, her name is Ancy, offered me a job at ICICI ltd. as
a phone-banking demonstrator.  It was a temp job for 3 months.  I learnt a
lot from it.  I enjoyed it. Meeting with customers, talking with them, it
was completely different from my previous experience.  After 3 months I did
not know what to do.   Then I did my secretarial course for 6 months.  Now I
had spent all what I had earned on this course.  At the end of it I needed a
job because I just could not see myself sitting at home.

| Ancy would go to the House of Prayer  (HOP) very often and I would
sometimes join her.  We would have a powerful time praying.  So one evening
we spent some time praying and I told her that I needed a job very badly. We
both prayed and then I thanked the Lord for giving me a job because I knew
by faith that He had given me the best job.

| I next day my mother and I went to a placement agency to drop in my CV,
but on reaching there we found out that that agency had closed long back. It
was disappointing.  It was already late evening.  I had only the tel. No. of
another placement agency, but was not quite sure I they would allow me to
come the same day. I thought another day wasted.  But then I felt something
telling me to just call. I kept trying but could not get through.  I gave up
hope. My mother prayed and asked me to try for the last time. And I got
through. I took their address and they asked me to come to same day.  As
soon as we reached there, she interviewed me and asked me where I would
prefer to work. I always prayed that I should get a job at Worli, Mumbai.
She told me she had something for me. But she could not find the address of
the company. She took half an hour to search. And I was praying for her to
find it. I was also very nervous.  At last she could find only the name of
the company and th!
| e !
| tel. No. and told me that it was at Worli. I was happy.
|
| I called the company the next day and fixed an appointment.  The office
was not so big but a decent one.  The boss looked at my CV and instead on
interviewing me, began explaining me the job.  Then he said that he would
let me know the next day.  I thought not the same reply again.  But I left
it in Gods hand.

| I reached home by afternoon and received a call from the office saying
that I was selected and that I could start from the next day.  I could not
believe my ears.  I just thanked the Lord for His goodness.

| After I joined, I was told that out of almost about 100 candidates, I was
selected.  I believe that it was God who did this for me.  Now I am enjoying
this place. My boss is very understanding.  And I got one thing that I never
asked for - holiday on a weekend.  Yes I have to work only 6 days a week.
And now I even have free access to the internet. I really praise God for His
abundant blessing for me.  And this is like a dream come true.

| I would like to encourage all of you who are in need of a job to trust in
the Lord for He knows and wants to give you the best.  And when He gives, He
gives us not just what we ask but all of it in abundance, which we may have
never even dreamt of.