A nation turns to God
When President George W. Bush addressed the nation on the United States
day of infamy, he alluded to the one source of comfort and hope in
moments like these. He quoted from the Bible - Even though I walk through
the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with
me. (Psalm 23:4)

On the fateful Tuesday (September 11) airliners became missiles and America
itself became the battlefield. Thousands of lives came crashing down with
the World Trade Center twin towers and the Pentagon that day. The airline
passengers, World Trade Center and Pentagon workers, the rescuers who died
trying to rescue - so many, gone in one awful, violent moment. And the
countless loved ones, in some cases not knowing what happened to those they
love, in all cases agonising over the horrific circumstances of their
death... and the lifelong scars on those heroic rescuers, recovery workers,
and medical personnel who will always be haunted with the memories of what
they have seen.

CEOs, chief operating officers, high-profile lawyers and entertainment
executives are no more - and we realise that, like those who died on the
Titanic, success and position mean nothing when death strikes suddenly.

The very symbols of Americas financial and military security as Americans
have themselves been attacked - one is gone, the other heavily damaged.

PS 127:1  Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard
in vain.

The US has the best intelligence agencies like the CIA, FBI among a score
of organizations. How come these agencies and the most sophisticated
equipment, war machines and the most powerful army in the world couldnt
protect just two cities?

Breaking families, scant respect for marriage and the plan of God,
perverted sex, promiscuity, agnosticism apostasy, hate campaigns against
the Church and Christian activities in schools and avarice among the
umpteen vices in these cities were enough causes weakening the cities
protection.

The sin - our hijacking of a life that God was supposed to run - cuts us
off from the very God whose love is our only safe place.

PS 97:10 Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of
his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Today there is no shoulder big enough to cry on but Gods. These terrorist
events are a sobreing reminder that our physical safety is not guaranteed,
but as Christians, our eternal safety is secure in Christ. Let us take it
as a sign for us.

Let us just tell Him, Jesus, Ive lived enough days without You... Im
sorry for running a life that You were supposed to run ... I want to belong
to You... I want to be changed forever.
We are vulnerable no more when we run to the safest place in all the world
- The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and
they are safe. (Proverbs 18:10)

President Bush has requested all Americans to observe Friday (Sept 14) as a
National Prayer and Remembrance Day for all the victims of Tuesdays tragedy.

Let us join the Americans in prayer and examine our life once again.

God bless you

With love and prayers
Joseph Lonth
Dubai, UAE