Hi joynetters,

You may have read or heard this story before but it is
sure an eternal favourite....
On the matter of Birth-control , I would like to share
a thought which just crossed my mind...
If Jesus wanted to be born in this century instead of
2000 years ago,with all the birth-control and
abortions and infanticides happening do you think he
would have even a slim Chance to survive. what with
Mary being a young un-married woman who gets pregnant
and has an experience to tell which no one in this so
called rational and logical world would be ready to
believe...
As we discuss the Pros and Cons of Birth-control let
us keep at the back of our heads this thought that u
and I donot know the reason and Gods plan for the
Children that he will bless us with...
And if they do come it will be by his knowledge and
according to his will...
" Not a single sparrow falls to the ground without
Gods knowledge.."."you are worth much more than
sparrows.."

Any way if Jesus wouldnt be born then we wouldnt have
got to read John 3:16 nor the lovely story below

John 3:16
In the city of Chicago, one cold, dark night, a
blizzard was setting
in.A little boy was selling newspapers on the corner,
the people were
in and

out of the cold. The little boy was so cold that he
wasn't
trying to sell many papers. He walked up to a
policeman and said,
"Mister,
you wouldn't happen to know where a poor boy could
find a warm place to
sleep tonight would you?
You see, I sleep in a box up around the corner there
and down the
alley and it's awful cold in there for tonight. Sure
would be nice to
have a

warm place to stay."
The policeman looked down at the little boy and said,
"You go down
the street to that big white house and you knock on
the door. When they
come

out the door you just say John 3:16, and they will let
you in." So he
did.
He walked up the steps and knocked on the door, and a
lady answered. He
looked up and said,"John 3:16."The lady said,"Come on
in,Son."She took
him
in and she sat him down in a split bottom rocker in
front of a great
big old

fireplace, and she went off. The boy sat there for a
while and thought
himself:John 3:16....I don't understand it, but it
sure makes a cold
boy
warm.

Later she came back and asked him "Are you hungry?"
He said,"Well, just a little. I haven't eaten in a
couple of days,
and I guess I could stand a little bit of food." The
lady took him in
the
kitchen and sat him down to a table full of wonderful
food. He ate and
ate
until he couldn't eat any more. Then he thought to
himself: John
3:16...
Boy,I sure don't understand it but it sure makes a
hungry boy full.

She took him upstairs to a bathroom to a huge bathtub
filled with
warm water, and he sat there and soaked for a while.
As he soaked,
he thought to himself: John 3:16... I sure don't
understand it, but it
sure makes a dirty boy clean. You know, I've not had a
bath, a real
bath, in

my whole life. The only bath I ever had was when I
stood in front of
that
big old fire hydrant as they flushed it out.

The lady came in and got him. She took him to a room,
tucked him
into a big old feather bed, pulled the covers up
around his neck,
kissed him goodnight and turned out the lights. As he
lay in the
darkness
and looked out the window at the snow coming down on
that cold night,he
thought to himself: John 3:16... I don't understand it
but it sure
makes a
tired boy rested.

The next morning the lady came back up and took him
down again to
that same big table full of food. After he ate, she
took him back
to that same big old split bottom rocker in front of
the fireplace and
picked up a big old Bible. She sat down in front of
him and looked into
his
young a face.

"Do you understand John 3:16?" she asked gently. He
replied, "No,
Ma'am, I don't. The first time I ever heard it was
last night when
the policeman told me to use it." She opened the Bible
to John 3:16 and
began to explain to him about Jesus. Right there, in
front of that big
old
fireplace,he gave his heart and life to Jesus. He sat
there and
thought:
John 3:16.....
I don't understand it, but it sure makes a lost boy
feel safe.
You know, I have to confess I don't understand it
either, how God>
was willing to send His Son to die for me, and how
Jesus would
agree to do such a thing. I don't understand the agony
of the Father
and
every angel in heaven as they watched Jesus suffer and
die. I don't
understand the intense love for ME that kept Jesus on
the cross till
the
end. I don't understand it, but it sure does make life
worth living.
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son,
that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have
everlasting
life.

Any Comments about this sharing are welcome...

Love and Prayers

Ravi

Mumbai