Dear Friends,

    Isaiah 50:4 imparts God's viewpoint on counseling. It is better not to
use constructive criticism whenever it may hinder the individual's spiritual
growth. In all cases it is best to apply "wisdom" from the Word of God as
well as impart the unconditional love of God; both of these principles work
beautifully together to accomplish a unique work in the soul.

     The individual needs to be "built up" within the assembly of believers;
he needs to understand the great privilege God has given him to function
within his calling as a "member in particular". Counsel must always be
limited to eternal viewpoint from the Word of God; it must never involve
subjective evaluation on either side.

     As the counselor inclines his ear toward heaven, just as Jesus Christ
listened intently to His Father, he may confidently advise a believer (while
creatively applying grace and love) according to specific definition from
the Word of God. This is the key to divine creativity: draw Christ's life
from the individual, build up his soul with the Word of God specifically in
the place of need, and edify him in areas of strength, so that he will be
motivated to serve God with all of his heart. Remember this principle: never
counsel or constructively criticize from your own human resources - instead
apply the Word of God as your only frame of reference in problem solving.

(1) Isaiah 50:4 The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I
should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth
morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.
(2) John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my
judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the
Father which hath sent me.

Bensilal/DE/USA