There remains a debt unpaid the Chaldeans (Modern Iraq) by God on behalf
of the Israelis.

Please go through Jeremiah chapters 51 and 52.

According to Jeremiah, the destruction of Babylon, the land of the
Chaldeans, would be complete, utter and eternal. "And Babylon shall
become heaps, a home for jackals, a horror and a hissing, without an
inhabitant." [Jeremiah 51:37]

The Chaldeans became the Babylonians, and under Nebuchadnezzar in 586
BC, conquered the Jews, destroyed Jerusalem and carried the treasures of
the Temple into captivity along with the majority of the Jewish
population.

 Jeremiah promised that "The violence done to me and to my flesh be upon
Babylon, shall the inhabitant of Zion say; and my blood upon the
inhabitants of Chaldea, shall Jerusalem say."[Jeremiah 51:35]

Isaiah writes, "Behold the land of the Chaldeans; this people was not,
till the Assyrian founded it for them that dwell in the wilderness: they
set up the towers thereof, they raised up the palaces thereof; and he
brought it to ruin." Isaiah 23:13

The Chaldeans at first were not a people, not formed into any
commonwealth or kingdom until they were united under Nimrod. Nimrod
founded the Assyrian monarchy and built the city of Babel, which he
anointed as the seat of the Chaldean monarchy.

The destruction of Babylon the city in part took place when Belshezzar's
party was crashed by Darius the Mede. [Daniel 5]. The power of the
Babylonian kings was broken. And Babylon, although continuously
inhabited through the centuries, was never again anything like the great
city of Daniel's day.

But note that Babylon, the land of the Chaldeans, was much more than the
city of Babylon [which still exists as an inhabited city about an hour
southwest of Baghdad].

Babylon was [and is] a literal city, it was a historical political
empire, and it was [and is] a religious system that is used symbolically
of the world religious system in the same sense that Egypt is used as a
metaphor for the world political system.

Now lets look into the present scenarios, The US and its allies, UN and
Iraq.

If we go through the history of Saddam, the way he rose and his
activities in and around Iraq we may change our pattern of thinking.
Along with this learn more about Middle East problem (Israel -
Palestine), Six day war in 1967 - reasons and result, Gulf war 1991 and
Israel stand.

I also become interested in the formation of modern state of Israel and
prophecies in the Book of Daniel.

It seems Saddam wants to be the first Arab leader since Nebuchadnezzar
of Babylon to defeat the Israelis in battle.

This strategy is in two parts. In the first part, he hopes to draw
Israel into the war, and thereby drawing in the remainder of the Arab
world, including the Syrians and the Saudis.

Israel is already on the brink of war with the Arab world. It is a tiny,
tiny country with a tiny population, despite the fact it possesses one
of the most powerful military machines in the world.

In the event of a strike by Iraq against that tiny population using
weapons of mass destruction -- or even the credible threat of such a
strike -- would invite a nuclear counter-strike by Israel.

One button, no more Iraq, and Israel can turn her attention back to the
enemies on and inside her borders.

The Bible says such a fate yet awaits the Chaldeans.

"A sound of a cry comes from Babylon, and great ruin from the land of
the Chaldeans," writes Jeremiah. This is not Babylon the system, or
Babylon the symbol Jeremiah speaks of. It is Babylon, the land of the
Chaldeans.

Since that has never happened, the fulfillment of the utter destruction
of the land of the Chaldeans remains yet future.

Dear friends in this situation what is our role, what we will do for the
millions of innocent people in Iraq....LETS RAISE OUR HANDS UP AND ASK
FOR GOD'S MERCY. We know that Word of God never changes but there are
lots of examples of miracles when HIS beloveds intercede.

Share your views...

Rgds/GS/Muscat