Making a Prayer Day Special - Adding meaning to the term "Joynet Monthly
Prayer Day"

How do you make a Prayer Day Special....Simple .... by having a Prayerful
Heart and more specially by actually Remembering it.

It is nice to have uniformity of Prayer where the Joynetters all over the
world take time out at a particular time and Pray. But i do feel that there
are many who no matter how much they try are not able to commit to that
particular time. Hence I do feel that it is better to keep Joynet Monthly
Prayer Day for the full day rather than restricting it to only 1 hour or so.

Topic of Prayer Day : Some suggested "World Peace". Sounds wonderful. But I
prefer also dedicating it to all the Prayer Requests posted on Joynet &
Prayernet every month. Sure Some of thier purpose may have seemed over, some
of them answered. But there are still others which the Lord has to still
work in, we may never know. Wouldnt it be nice to dedicate this day where we
can lift up all these Prayer Requests together especially since most of them
seem to be from our own fellow Joynetters.

We can specially attended Mass(es) on the Prayer Day in our respective
Churches in Order that the Lord may hear all our Prayers in unision for
those Prayer Requests. I am sure that there will be testimonies to follow.
If I am not asking more you can also request your Parish Priest or your
Prayer Group to offer a General Intention for all the Prayers requested here
on Joynet and Prayernet for the month. I know of one Joynetter here who
sometimes takes out Printouts of the Prayer Requests and gives it to her
Prayer Group as well as her Priest Friend that they may be prayed over. Isnt
such dedication wonderful.

Prayers : It would be wonderful if there was some uniformity of prayers
said. However those who wish can offer the Rosary or the Divine Mercy or any
Prayers of their own alongwith fasting can please do so. But do keep some
time for a personal interaction with the Lord talking to him and telling him
how much it means to you that these Prayers dedicated by you and Joynet are
heard. This brings about sincerity and a reflection from the Heart rather
than making it something routine. After that do spend some time in
reflection as well.

And lastly something innovative :) Praying Online: I have seen some online
Prayer Groups doing this. I know of many Joynetters who havent met yet
correspond through each other via mails or through Messenger. To those
Joynetters who do remain online on Messengers with each other. If they can
spend atleast 5 minutes in Praying together on their IMs it would really add
a wonderful touch to the Prayer day.

Anyways these are just my views. Welcoming any comments contrary or
otherwise or any additional views on a Meaningful Prayer Day on Joynet.

urs in faith

Jason
Mumbai, India

Time is a versatile performer. It flies, marches on, heals all wounds,
runs out, and will tell. - Franklin P. Jones