please read this story patiently... THE CROSS Author Unknown

While taking a photography class at the University of Miami in 1967 I
became acquainted with another student named Charles who also was
training as a high-diver for the 1968 Summer Olympics. Charles was very
patient with me when I would speak to him for hours about Jesus Christ
and how He had saved me. Charles was not raised in Christian home and all
that I had to tell him fascinated him. He even began to ask questions
about forgiveness of sin. Finally the day came and I asked Charles if he
realized his own need of a Redeemer and if he was ready to trust Jesus
Christ as his Savior. Almost immediately I saw his countenance change and
his reply was a strong "No". In the days that followed he was quiet and I
felt that he was avoiding me. Then one day I got a phone call and it was
Charles. He wanted to know where to look in the New Testament for some
verses that I had given him about salvation. I gave him several passages
and asked if I could meet with him. He declined my offer and thanked me
for the scriptures. I could tell that he was greatly troubled, but I did
not know where he was or how to help him. Since Charles was training for
the Olympic games he had special privileges at the University pool and at
11pm that evening he went to the pool to practice a few dives. It was a
clear night in October with a bright full moon, which easily lit the pool
area through a glass dome. Illuminated only by the light of the full moon
shining through the glass dome Charles climbed to the highest dive
platform. At the very moment he stood on top of the dive platform the
Spirit of God began to speak to him. All the scripture he had read, all
of the times that I had witnessed to him about Christ flooded his mind.
As Charles stood backwards on the edge of the dive platform preparing for
his first dive he stretched out his arms to gain his balance and noticed
that his shadow in the bright moonlight was in the shape of a cross. He
could bear the burden of his sin no longer. His heart broke and he sat
down on the platform and asked God to forgive him and to save him.
Charles trusted Jesus Christ on the top of a dive platform thirty feet
above the pool. Suddenly, the lights in the pool area came on as the
night watchman came in to check the pool area. Charles looked down from
the dive platform and saw an empty pool, which had been drained for
repairs. He had almost plummeted to his death, but the Cross had saved
him. *"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness;
but unto us which are saved it is the power of God."

Regards

Mary