My wonderful family, There are many words or sayings that can be attached
to a picture:

  * A picture is worth a thousand words.

  * A beautiful scene.

  * Awesome!

  * Wow!

  * Peaceful!

  * Isn't that neat?

  * Wish I were there.

  * Been there, done that!

In the case of the below picture all of those sayings are absolutely
correct.  However, in this particular picture I believe the following
descriptions are a little more definitive:

  * Faith!

  * Hope!

  * Love!

  * A weapon of Peace!

  * The weapon of choice.

  * Abandonment.

  * Strength!

  * Into Your Hands O Lord

These are excerpts of March 15th report from Medjugorje which really
inspired me.

3) This past week a group of Notre Dame students, on their way to
Medjugorje for spring break, were in the airport, waiting to board their
plane.  When one pulled out a rosary the others noticed.  Decks of cards,
computers, notebooks were quietly put aside.  One by one, getting up from
where they were sitting, rosaries in hand, they gathered together to pray
- even singing the "Ave" between the decades!  It was a beautiful sight.
 In the middle of that bustling airport it did not go unnoticed.  Three
days later, in a message for World Youth Day 2003, the Holy Father
appealed: "Humanity has a decisive need for the witness of free and
courageous young people who dare to go against the current and proclaim
with force and enthusiasm their own faith in God, Lord and Savior.  Don't
be ashamed to recite the rosary alone, while going to school, to
university or to work, along the street and on public transportation!"
(March 11, 2003) This is the fruit of Medjugorje!

I witnessed this same fruit 16 years ago as a teacher at St. Joseph
Catholic High School (Indiana, USA).  A drawer in a desk of the theology
department office, for instance, was filled with rosaries.  In the
previous eleven years it was never touched.  I cannot remember a single
student or teacher ever taking one.   After hearing about Our Lady's
apparitions in Medjugorje not only did all those rosaries disappear, but
during the next two years I never was able to get my hands on enough
rosaries to fill the demand because so many students were asking for
them!  Students also  from Protestant, Jewish, Serbian Orthodox and even
atheist families would ask for rosaries for themselves, family members
and friends!  Girls were asking for rosaries to give to their boy
friends, some were beginning to pray on dates.   Young people's faith,
set on fire by Our Lady's call from Medjugorje, was prompting their
entire families to start praying together the rosary!

In his message to youth on March 11th the Holy Father continued: "Get
into the habit of reciting [the rosary] among yourselves, in your groups,
movements and associations; don't hesitate to suggest its recitation at
home to your parents and brothers and sisters, because it revives and
strengthens the bonds between family members." The rosary prayed by
children can save the family!  Another student shared that several weeks
earlier, her father had come into her bedroom informing her that he and
her mother were getting a divorce.  Linda, a senior, decided, along with
her brother Brian, a sophomore, to go into the basement each night and
pray the rosary.  One week later her father had again come into her
bedroom, she told me, to inform her that the divorce was off.  The
following week he had gone to Mass with the family for the first time in
ten years!  She said that the next week their family life was happier
than she could remember it ever having been!  All this was a result of
her and her brother starting to pray the rosary each night.  The family
was being brought under the protective mantle of Our Lady, Queen of
Peace! (see PS).

Lets' take up the rosary and recite it whereever we are........

Love n Prayers

Your sister

Cathy

[demime 1.01a removed an attachment of type image/bmp which had a name of Weapon of
Peace.bmp]