"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed"
(Proverbs 11:25, NIV).

"The hardest thing for most of us to give up is our money. It represents our time, our
energy, our talents, and our total personality converted into
currency. We usually hold on to it tenaciously. Yet it is uncertain in value, and we
cannot take it into the next world. The Scripture teaches that we are stewards for a
little while of all we earn. If we misuse it, as did the man who buried his master's
talent, it brings upon us the severest judgment of God. The tithe is the Lord's. If
you use it for yourself, you are robbing God. We are to take the tithe as a standard,
but to go beyond the tithe is an indication of our gratefulness for God's gifts to us.
In the midst of sorrow and trouble, this life has many blessings and enjoyments, which
have come from the hand of God.
Even our capacity for love is a gift from God. We show our gratitude by giving back to
Him a part of that which He has given to us."

Biblical Principles for Using Material Possessions
"1. The way that we use our material possessions is an important part of living in the
will of God (Acts 2-6).

2. We need to set aside a percentage of our income on just as regular a basis  as we
are paid in order to be able to give systematically to God's work (1Corinthians 16:2).

3. God wants us to give material possessions out of hearts of love that reflect
sincere appreciation for His gift of salvation (2 Corinthians 8:8-9).

4. We need to organize and plan our giving in a systematic way so that we can give
generously and not grudgingly (2 Corinthians 9:5).

5. We need to focus on godliness and contentment rather than on riches that may result
in discontentment (1 Timothy 6:6-10, 17-19).

6. We need to be especially careful, living in an affluent society, to be on
guard against self-deception and rationalization (Revelation 3:17-18)" (Gene Getz).

Prayer
Lord, thank You for the resources that You have given us. We want to joyfully give
back to You. Help us to be generous and willing to share whatever we have where there
is need. Remind us that we are only caregivers -- all that we have belongs to you. In
Jesus' name we pray. Amen.