I've found that I enjoy looking at bugs and trying to replicate them and adding detail to the ticket to help the actual bug fixer with the issue when they can get around to fixing it.
Take for example this ticket: http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/4081 I was able to recreate the bug and added some more details of my testing. First question, is this beneficial to the bug fixers? Am I wasting my time? A couple of tickets I found aren't really bugs at all and could probably be closed: Take this one for example: http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/4091 I was able to explain to the bug reporter that the problem laid with his syntax, the ticket probably could be reviewed first before being closed but I feel the leg work was done on my part and this ticket could be handed off to someone who could quickly ascertain if it can be closed or needs more help. And finally I came across an example where the reporter was using a faulty tool and the ticket had no merit. This example: http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/3919 I feel that I could safely close this ticket and help ease the burden of that issue later for someone. Which brings me to my real question. What is the process for gaining permission to work with the meta data of a ticket and close a ticket? What do I need to work on to get to that point? Should I continue the work that I am doing currently? Thanks, Ralph Whitbeck --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jQuery Development" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-dev?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
