Hello -

This is due to the fact that we removed the ability to bind data()
(and thus events) to object, embed, and applet elements in 1.4.
Allowing it was causing uncatchable exceptions to be thrown when used
along with with Java applets.

The commit:
http://github.com/jquery/jquery/commit/59802928566b6be3a66d65e77c2418fff37e6f5f

Looking at your code I see:
                $("*").keypress(function(e) {
                        if (e.which == 13) {
                                Login();
                        }
                });

You should probably change that to (not only will it be significantly
faster but it'll work just fine with 1.4rc1):
                $(document).keypress(function(e) {
                        if (e.which == 13) {
                                Login();
                        }
                });

Regardless, I just landed a fix to make sure that no exception is
thrown (silently fails instead).
http://github.com/jquery/jquery/commit/1960f28c0bf75b16e88460d6135058fd93202322

--John