I've toyed around w/using an array instead (I actually build an array, but
return a string.) I may toy around w/making it a setting--whether to return
arrays or strings.

I'd say either make it an option (along with what the join char is) or
just impl two method, one would call the other and then do the join.
Plugins shouldn't feel as constrained by file size as the core.

Strings can be more straightforward (but have certain limitations) while
Arrays don't have any limitations, but aren't as intuitive.

True enough, that's why having both would be good.

I'd definitely see this as being a good marriage of with the Form plug-in.

Cool.  What other functions in qForm would be good candidates?

Mike