Klaus/Jörn,

>Jörn, thanks for this. One question: I once modified Dylan's
>autocomplete a bit, so that if the autocomplete list is shown, tabbing
>would tab through the list instead of to the next form element. Is it
>possible to take into account?
>
>Have a look here: http://plazes.com/plazes and type something into the
>"Where" field.
>
>I think I also modified the behavior for arrow up/down keys a bit...

It looks like Jörn's already modified the source code so you can change the
default event.keyCode mappings.

However, I noticed in your mod, the up/down keys still moved the highlighted
option and the tab key emulated the down key. Perhaps the mappings need to
allow for multiple keys.

On a personal note though, the "Autocomplete" functionality built in to
Firefox and IE works the same way as the default behavior--and that's
pressing the [TAB] key in the drop down selects the items and moves to the
next field. So, my personal opinion is that will be the "expected" behavior.

-Dan