On Apr 17, 9:32 am, "Brad Perkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Preliminary tests show that adding values to the options solves the problem.

I wouldn't really say it solves the problem... more like it avoids the
problem :)

An <option> tag with no value attribute is perfectly acceptable, and
should be handled correctly. Unfortunately it's not trivial to handle
in IE because there are several cases that need to be considered. If
core jQuery gets it wrong, I think it would be better to remove the
functionality or error out rather than return the wrong value. It
would take extra bytes to make it work correctly, but IMO it is worth
it.

Matt Kruse