Hi Markus,

Thanks for taking the time to reply - good to get some feedback. I
agree with most of your comments, and once would have felt the same as
you did. The reality is that once I started using Ext which added a
lot of weight to my
JS and CSS, that I found the loading of iframes had a noticable lag. I
tried most of the techniques mentioned in the article, including
trying to force the browser caching. The injection technique has
offered a noticable speed increase when actually using the app and it
works across all browsers I have tried so far.

With regard to working with dynamically generated iframes - yes I have
had issues in the past as well, but from memory it was related to the
way I was referencing them. From example I think I was getting issues
when trying to call functions in an iframe using the iframe ID - which
Internet Explorer did not like for iframes added to the DOM after page
load. I now reference by NAME instead and have had no problems. There
have been other challenges, but none of them major and all of them
solved so far. But that is a slightly different topic :)

Thanks once again for the feedback. I am still in "testing" mode so
will keep your comments in mind...

Matthew