Thanks, guys!  :)

On Apr 19, 2007, at 1:45 PM, Ariel Jakobovits wrote:

me too

----- Original Message ----
From: Christopher Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:27:05 AM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: ThickBox question

Hey Theo that's pretty cool! I like the site. :o)

Chris

Theo Welch wrote:

Hi All,

I happened upon your discussion below.

Just FYI, I have a customized Thickbox running on this photography exhibit:

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/twww/

Cheers!
-THEO-

On Apr 19, 2007, at 10:36 AM, Christopher Jordan wrote:

Rob,

Thanks heaps for sharing! I'll look at this in more detail later
today, and holler if I have questions (if that's okay) :o)

Chris

Rob Desbois wrote:
I also got put off jqModal initially, mainly because the TB styling
was very nice but jqModal you have to put the effort in to get
looking right.
I created my own wrapper function around jqModal:
/* Creates a jqModal window and appends it to the body.
* @param idPrefix The prefix to attach to elements' IDs. The window
div will have _jqmWindow appended to the prefix, the close button
will have _jqmClose, and the title span will have _jqmTitle appended.
These IDs may be used to alter behaviours, styles and content as
required.
* @param content The window's HTML content.
* @param jqmOptions The options to pass to $.jqm() when setting the
div up as a jqModal window.
*/
function CreateJQModalWindow(idPrefix, jqmOptions, content)
{
   $( "<div id='"+idPrefix+"_jqmWindow' class='jqmWindow'>" +
         "<div style='height:100%'>" +
            "<div class='jqmTitle'>" +
               "<a id='"+idPrefix+"_jqmClose' href='#'
class='jqmClose'></a>" +
               "<span id='"+idPrefix+"_jqmTitle'></span>" +
            "</div>" +
            "<div class='jqmBody'>"+content+"</div>" +
         "</div>" +
      "</div>")
      .jqm(jqmOptions)
      .appendTo("body");
     $("#"+idPrefix+"_jqmClose")
      .hover(function() {$(this).addClass("jqmCloseInverse");},
function() {$(this).removeClass("jqmCloseInverse");})
      .click(function() {$("#"+idPrefix+"_jqmWindow").jqmHide()});
}
I then use that like this:
CreateJQModalWindow('window1', {closeClass:false, trigger:false,
modal:true},
   "<div>The HTML content of my window</div>");
I created the prefix option so that I can have multiple windows
existing on a page (although only one would be visible - it just
saves on recreating them ecah time). The window can be shown and
hidden with:
   $("#window1_jqmWindow").jqmShow();
And to top all of that off, this is my CSS:
div.jqmWindow {position:absolute; top:50%; height:200px;
margin-top:-100px; left:50%; width:300px; margin-left:-150px;
background:url(/images/jqmodal-bg.gif) repeat; border:2px solid
darkblue}
/* Background iframe styling for IE6. Prevents ActiveX bleed- through
(<select> form elements, etc.) */
* iframe.jqm {position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:-1; width:
expression(this.parentNode.offsetWidth + 'px'); height:
expression(this.parentNode.offsetHeight + 'px')}
.jqmTitle {margin:0; padding:0 3px; font-family:Arial,sans-serif;
font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; border-bottom:thin solid #aaa;
line-height:21px; color:#3341bf; background:#e8eaff}
.jqmBody {padding:4px}
.jqmBody * {margin:2px}
.jqmClose {float:right; height:16px; width:16px; margin-top:3px;
background:url('/images/syncwatch- close.gif')}
.jqmCloseInverse {background:url('/images/syncwatch-close- inverse.gif')}
.jqmOverlay {background-color:#e8eaff}
My jqmodal-bg.gif is just a faint background patterning. The two
close buttons for normal and hover (inverse) are 16x16 images.
I hope all of that helps! There can be quite a bit more work to use
and style jqModal, but it is designed to be played with where TB is
designed to be ready to go and used as-is.
rob
On 4/18/07, *Christopher Jordan* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]