From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Aaron Heimlich
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 1:22 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Best way to determine if a user has Javascript
enabled?

In the meantime, I suppose you could use JavaScript to append a variable to
the URL, and then have your CF decide what to send based on the presence of
that variable. Example:

<script type="text/javascript">
    $(function() {
        var $exampleForm = $("#exampleForm");
        var oldAction = $exampleForm.attr("action");
        $exampleForm.attr("action", oldAction + "?isAjax=true");
    });
</script>
<form id="exampleForm" action="example.cfm">
    <!-- Form fields go here -->
</form>

For the "form is initially hidden" thing, you could use JavaScript to hide
the form in a $(document).ready() function. That way people without JS see
the form, and people with JS see what you originally wanted them to.