You guys should check the short tutorial I wrote about this at:
http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials:Using_Ext_With_jQuery

First I'd check that you are correctly including the jQuery dimensions-plugin, as Ext required that. jquery-plugins.js should take care of that, but the 1.0 release, for some reason, has that file missing. So go check if that is even there in the first place.

--
Suni

Remy Sharp wrote:
HI Eli,

I spotted this too - and had a play with Ext and jQuery - though I
couldn't really see how the two were supposed to be linked together.

I did get the same error as you, but it was because I hadn't set up
the underlying HTML properly, i.e. I was telling my page to target
'yui-north' instead of the ID that was on my HTML.

If you can post a URL to the version you're working on it might be
easier to debug.

In the mean time, I'll knock up an example using the layout manager
and the jQuery library and do a follow up post.