John! Wow :) Did not expect you to chime in on this!

No problem - I'm busy at the moment, but I still like to watch out for
meta-problems (site issues, releases dates, etc.)

First thing's first... I bought your book "Pro Javascript
Techniques" (published 2006?).. and my respect and recognition for
your talent has skyrocketed since. jQuery itself demonstrates very
clearly that you are skilled, but after even starting to read that
book I was very pleasantly surprised. No fluff, no mess... just right
into the JS goodness :).

Exactly. I hate books that nuts around talking about "The History of
JavaScript" and "this is how you use document.write". I'm a
programmer, I want code :-) (Especially code that is still relevant.)
Glad you're enjoying it, though!

Now back to the original topic lol.. glad to hear 1.1.3 will be out
soon. Hope things are not getting too stressful over there.

Looking forward to more jQuery releases! Have a good one.

Yeah, things are less than ideal right now - however I really want to
squeeze some time in and get the last changes into this release.
There's speed improvements across the board (faster selectors and
faster animations) along with a bunch of bug fixes. Not too shabby for
a point release. I just have to stomp some final bugs then we can move
ahead and release the alpha. (Just need to find a moment to clear my
head.)

--John