I also had this problem and pleaded for help in these threads:
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/t/6722e380538892b9
and
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/7935f78c0cf61e4b

eventually, I asked John for help.

>From John's email:
Take into consideration that there's an open bug on executing document ready
dynamically:
http://dev.jquery.com/ticket/904

I recommend that you simply remove the document ready wrapper from the file
that's being loaded:
http://education.llnl.gov/jQuery/pages/progressive.lasso

and then move the script block to after the HTML

This seems to work as demoed here: http://education.llnl.gov/jQuery/