I'm sorry, I just figured out that the problem was with the animation
functions in the last available nightly.  I had patched it to allow
appending selects and col/colgroups to the dom for my tableFilter
plugin and it broke the tabs plugin.  Of course, the dev site is down
so I can't look at the diffs to see what else I need to do to get
selects and colgroups working in 1.1.2, so I'm boned :(

Very frustrating!