two suggestions

  1. try making an isolated test with just the zebra table
  2. try using an uncompressed jquery file

when I first loaded the page in opera it did not stripe the table, then
after reloading it did

sorry to not be able to offer more than just shots in the dark, I have found
opera is useful debugging ie issues (I think suggested by someone on this
list)

though in all browsers no errors are reported.

- S