> I think its time to get one-and-for-all png fix solution out the door,
> put it in the jQuery repository and on the plugin list.

This would be a really useful asset to a lot of people I am sure and would
help relieve developers/designers suffering due to IE6.

I have had success with the following;

1. For IMG tags; http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/

There are quite a few ways to get around the 'using PNG images as links'
issue if you run into it (jQuery), lastly of which is setting the BG of the
PNG to 1%.

2. For CSS; http://www.themaninblue.com/writing/perspective/2004/06/18/

I generally make a separate CSS doc for IE6 which normally has a few of
these in them :¬)

3. Gamma settings seem to get added automatically to PNG files from
applications like Photoshop resulting in them displaying differently in each
browser - whilst I don’t know the precise details this guy seems too;
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/png-gamma/ - at first I wept inside, but was relived
to find using this free little app http://entropymine.com/jason/tweakpng/
which allows you to remove the gamma line added and appears to fix problems
with colour.

HTH!