I think he said two form elements, both of which are identical in
every way (contents and all) except for their IDs.

That being said, if there were 2 forms, duplicating name attributes
would be fine since you would use the parent form's context to get to
them.  ID's should always be absolutely unique.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.5.2