Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com

On May 25, 2007, at 5:19 PM, Andy Matthews wrote:

Damn...that's fantastic. We need to have more details on how to do things like this. The code I might have come up with for that would have been like 5 or 6 lines long at LEAST!

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery- [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jake McGraw
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 4:03 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Getting column value for a selected table row?

Maybe, within click or change:

$("[EMAIL PROTECTED]").change(function(){
  $(this).parent().siblings("td:eq(3)"). /* do something */;
});

So you document should look like:

The chain order:

$(this)  --> the radio button
.parent() --> The td element wrapped around radio button
.siblings("td:eq(3)") --> All td element siblings, get the fourth

Haven't tested, hope it works for you.

- jake