Hi,
Sorry to reply to myself. :)
I've updated the Template plugin to use $.extend() in a new
$.extendClass() function. This is probably Javascript 101, but I
couldn't go ahead from this point. If somebody can point me an example
of a extended class/constructor/prototype in jQuery, maybe I can take
a look and try to follow it.

I know how to override a class prototype using $.extend(), but not how
to provide a inheritance mechanism so a class can, for example, call
its parent constructor. Well, I saw some mechanisms like
YAHOO.extend() or Ext.extend(), but I would like to make the plugin as
jQuery'zed as I can, so any help would be appreciated.

Here's the updated code:

http://dev.tipos.org/browser/javascript/jquery/template/jquery.template.js?format=txt

thanks,
-- rodrigo