That's a good question.  I designed frameReady to break closures because the
reference to the parent frame was causing execution problems.  I just
updated it though, adding the ability to send data that you can reference
separately using the options object.  Your code would look like this:

var  newContent = jQuery("#containerDiv")[0].innerHTML
jQuery.frameReady(
     function(){
          debugger;
          jQuery("#containerContent")[0].innerHTML = frData.newContent;
     }
     , "top.printContentIframe"
     , {data:{newContent:newContent}}  // add any data you want to pass to
the target frame here
      );

You can find the update announcement and a link to the source code here:
http://ideamill.synaptrixgroup.com/?page_id=18