Hi there,

I'm putting together an editable combobox using the twice modified autocomplete plugin (Dylan Verhuel's I think). I start with a dropdown and a text input, then create an array from the <option>s values. I replace the static HTML with a single text input followed by a link that I want to use as a toggle to open and close the dropdown created by the autocomplete plugin. Essentially I want to mimick the behaviour of select boxes but allow it to take new values too. I've run into some difficulty interacting with the events etc... that the plugin creates. Could someone point me in the right direction to how I can access the show/hide functions and also to add a function that lets me differentiate between when the input is populated with an option from the list and a new value? Any guidance you can offer me would be awesome, I'm working on a test page here:
   http://www.sanchothefat.com/dev/jsdemos/combo-box.html

   Cheers,
   Rob