On Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:26 PM Scott Sauyet <> said:

> I don't have a major problem with this, as I would simply strip the
> version number out when I replace older versions with new ones, but I
> find that it's easier without them.  I tend to update all live pages
> in any system at the same time after a thorough testing, and I would
> rather not be changing all the references in my script tags when a
> version changes.

Yeah. I think this part should be left up to the developer.

If the developer chooses to leave the version in the filename then
they're aware they will need to change filenames when the time comes.
Otherwise they can generalize the filename and simply rename the latest
file (from the plugin/jquery website) once it has been downloaded into
their generalized filename.

Chris.