I don't see a charset there.... what is the server putting in for it???

php isn't very clever with utf, so you have to be very careful!

a live link would help to see the headers and the encoding!!

On 6/19/07, Michael Stuhr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ schrieb:
> it looks like your page is not being served as utf-8.... or if it is,
> it's not valid utf-8.
>
> If your html editing program doesn't do utf... you have to encode it
> yourself.
>
> On 6/19/07, *Michael Stuhr* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

well the page is ok, afaict. i'm using php with smarty to bake my page,
and as far as i'm only using this i'm getting an ä for an ä, if you know
what i mean :-) .

my js file is sent through php by using .htaccess and:
<?php
header ('Content-type: text/javascript');
?>
in my js.

when i'm directly calling my js i see the correct encoding.

any ideas ?

micha

--
Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ