The effort is definately appreciated, and it was a good idea.  It just
seems like ForeFox (at least in it's 1.5 incarnation) has rather slow
DOM access compared to the other browsers.  FireFox takes a full six
seconds to complete all the initialization routines, all the other
browsers (even Opera, which I have become used to being slow when
dealing with dynamic pages) managed to run them all in 1 second on the
same machine.