Hello again,

I really need to try nail this plugin so I can move on to other things
in the project.  This bit forms an important part of my event system,
and possibly other parts of my application, but i'll also be releasing
this code to the community.

What I've done is, because the Geocoder will only be used in this one
method, I pass the Geocoder to the method, instead of adding it to the
jQuery object - so now that works.  The problem now is that when I try
an locate an address I get the error with the jQuery object:

this[0] has no properties

Now what I am doing is returning the this[0].GMap2 object, which I do
in another method.  If i don't return it, I get no error - but also
nothing happens.

The lastest version of the sourcecode is here:
http://pastebin.ca/615862 and the demo is still at
http://webrocket.ulmb.com/

Thanks

Hi folks,

2) Before, I was creating the geocoder by doing:
var geocoder = new GClientGeocoder();

I then passed this geocoder into the method searchAddress, which
worked fine.  But now I'd like to make the object global by making it
available through this.GGeocoder.  In my code, I have tested it in the
console, and it appears the initial GGeocoder is being initialised,
but when i then try and do an address search, I get the error:
this.GGeocoder has no properties; This is at the first line inside the
searchAddress method.

Now, ANY help on either of these matters would be appreciated.  I've
read over the jQuery plugin docs, and had a look inside a couple of
plugins, but so far nothing has jumped out at me how to fix these
errors.

--
Tane Piper
http://digitalspaghetti.tooum.net

This email is: [ ] blogable [ x ] ask first [ ] private