Christof: I appreciate your comments. Even more however I would have
appreciated if you'd have taken into consideration why I made the
proposal. I didn't do so because I personally need this functionality,
but because I think both exists() and hasClass() would make the library
more accessible to newcomers who do not understand the inner workings
100% perfectly. Now if you are saying that those should be educated
rather then spoiled then you've got a valid point there. I just think
that jQuery has gained a lot of it's popularity due to it's
easy-to-learn factor (besides it's superiority and beauty that is : )
and think this could be a good addition to it.

> $('div').hasClass('myClass');
>
> What should this return now?
It should return true. That's because $('a').attr('href') returns the
'href' attribute of the first anchor matched (afaik).

-- Felix
My Blog: http://www.thinkingphp.org
My Business: http://www.fg-webdesign.de