Yes, they're not going anywhere.

This change came about with the overhauled event system - all of the
changes of which were in 1.1.3a (which we asked everyone to help
test). Obviously this one got through.

--John

On 7/12/07, Sam Collett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I didn't expect it to be changed in a 1.1.x release (as it is a
significant change), so maybe 1.1.2 is a safer bet for many, until
1.1.4 (will be fixed then?).

So perhaps from now on it would be better to do $("a").bind("click",
clickFn) to bind and $("a").trigger("click") to click? bind and
trigger are staying for the foreseeable future though aren't they?