We wouldn't use it in "real-time" but we would need to be able to store that
data ourselves and not just access it via their interface.

Is that still possible?

  _____

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Aaron Porter
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 12:04 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Getting user agent stats with jQuery...

If you are only interested in storing the data (not using it real time) you
may want to look into google analytics.

http://www.google.com/analytics/

It has lots of info including browser type and version, operating system,
screen resolution, colors, flash version, java version, and lots more. It
has a very slick interface. Best of all it's free!

Aaron

Andy Matthews wrote:

My company currently uses a product called BrowserHawk, a combination of
Javascript and Java files, to get a set of user data which we then store in
our database. Currently this data set includes Flash player version, OS,
Browser (and version), Screen Res, and more. The drawback is that this
software is expensive, around $1000 per server (we have 3 right now), and
we're not fully using the data it provides to us anyway.

I know that jQuery core can provide browser (and version?), and I also know
that you can get screen res with the dimensions plugin. I'm wondering if
anyone has considered writing a jQuery plugin which mimics this behavior,
returning an object containing user agent information.

Alternately, does anyone know of some reliable piece of software which does
this same sort of thing, but maybe cheaper?

Thanks for the input.

Andy Matthews
Senior ColdFusion Developer

Office:  877.707.5467 x747