Actually IE does support that class, but only on A tags.

Just to be fair.

  _____

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Matt Penner
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 4:28 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Can jQuery get attributes of the actual style sheet?

IE does not support the CSS class :active but FireFox does.  I use this to
change the background color on a div to give feedback similar to a button
click.

For IE users I attach the mousedown and mouseup events to a function that
simply does the same thing.  However, if I ever change the color in my CSS
class I have to remember to change the jQuery function to match.

Can I have jQuery find this background color attribute in the css class in
the style sheet?  If so, I could just change it once in the CSS style sheet
and jQuery would use the latest value.

I haven't seen any examples on obtaining values from a style sheet so I
thought I'd ask if it was even possible.

Thanks,
Matt Penner