Hi.
The problem is with this newsticker i'm building for an intranet app
@work:
http://www.gcmingati.net/wordpress/wp-content/lab/jquery/newsticker/beta/ticker-absolute.html

This ticker works, but i have to make two prototypes:
one with fading . done
one with continuous scrolling from right to left. not done (also it's
really "old-fashion" i prefer the phading one)

Follow me with this: if i get the data from the XML file, i wrap
everything (date in a span) and text (clickable, hence into an A tag)
in a very long P (paragraph, block element) and then move (animate)
that P from right to left and again as i reach an 'endpoint' it should
work. If only i could get the total amount of pixel of such P....
That's why i need the TOTAL width of my P even if i'm only 'seeing'
650 px of it.
Get it?
.width() does not work. it always returns the visible area. wich is
not good for my 'experiment'.

GC