Magnus,

Based on your description is sounds like there is a script error on
your page (IE is not stupid in regard to "return false").  That would
explain why the form doesn't not submit correctly and why blockUI does
not display.  Do you have IE's script debugger enabled?  Is there a
link you can provide that demonstrates the problem?  Without something
more to look at it's difficult to give you much assistance.  But my
money is on the script error.

Mike

This works like a dime in FF but in IE it's all messy.  First of all I
can't get IE to stop following the form submit.  IE always tries to
submit the form regularly but my javascript code says "return false;"
- FF understands that but IE is stupid (or maybe it's me, I don't
know...).