I totally expected this question.  We've added client side filtering
to aid the user in trimming that list down which is working very well
for us speed wise.  The case where a 1,000 row query comes back is not
the norm, so for us it doesn't make sense to add the complexity (UI
wise) of paging for a maybe 10% scenario.

If it becomes a problem I may need to drum up some sort of dynamic
load piece that adds more "stuff" as the user scrolls.  The filtering
would then need to be server side.  It wouldn't be a bad way to go,
but that would add more complexity (development wise) to this project
with the need for caching results to keep server load down and the UI
additions.  The frustrating thing about it is that usability is fine
in the other browsers.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes Rich.
Josh