James,

>Very true, 4KB is a large amount of data to send on each request.
>Until something like FF storage stuff is more widely implemented then
>I think devs have little options.
>
>I was thinking of putting some kind of calculation on how much space
>is being used, and some way to inform the developer on reaching the
>limit, but I don't know :-/

While being able to programmatically access the total cookie size could be
useful, I think just making it clear to developers on the limitations of
this storage method is the most important thing.

I can just see a developer trying to store the contents of a large form
using the cookieJar plug-in and then not understanding why other code
breaks. I've seen developers try and do this in the past with other cookie
libraries.

Obviously, this isn't your responsibility, but it will generate you support
questions. :)

-Dan