Hi, I like the 'pan view' idea.

Just found a 'bug', when you are seeing an image it should cover the whole
gallery (aka. thumbs and gallery tabs), you can click another tab while you
are browsing a pic, this is confusing because when you close it you are in
new gallery section.

Keep working on it, looks nice.

--
Joan Piedra || Frontend webdeveloper