What I got from reading his post is that he's concerned about projects that start off using jQuery and then need to incorporate another library.

Rey...

Tane Piper wrote:
And I already left a comment there already today explaining this.  I
think what he may be worried about is plugins that break jQuery
noConflict, which is a plugin is developed correctly using closures,
should not be a problem