Hi, all!

i'm going through my plugins and making sure they work in 1.1.{3,4}
and 1.2, and i've come across an ugly case...

i use lt(), which isn't available in 1.2. Of course, lt() can be
replaced by slice(), but that isn't in 1.1.x. My plugin would work in
both versions if it weren't for this tiny incompatibility.

What is the preferred way to check the jQuery object for cases like
this? Something like if( 'slice' in jQuery.fn ) ??? How are other
users dealing with this?

i explicitly do not want to force the user to load the 1.1.x
compatibility plugin, nor do i want to force the user to upgrade to
1.2 just because of a 1-line change in my plugin (s/lt/slice/).

Many thanks in advance.

PS: this probably isn't the last time i'll bitch about the removal of
gt/lt/eq() ;).

:)