I also have thisproblem. I am using the Drupal CMS, and the SimpleMenu
module uses jquery, as does a slideshow I've implemented. Each of
these independently will cause text on the page to flicker or blink
during the fadein/out. With the slideshow, if I reduce the fade period
to zero, the problem goes away.

I have the problem with Mac Firefox and Camino, but not Safari.

Mike