Yesterday I replaced a Flex2 uploader I created (that just wasn't working
properly in IE) with SWFUpload and found it to be a joy to work with.  I
looked all over (even at some jQuery plugins), but nothing I found was
exactly what I needed (progress bar, multiple files, extendable with
javascript).  I don't think there is anything available out there to tie it
together with jQuery, but just figured I throw it out there cause it appears
to be the best solution for anyone looking to do a javascript based
uploader. =)

Main site - http://swfupload.mammon.se/
Demo - http://swfupload.praxion.co.za/

Check out the application uploader demo for some very cool ways to use it.