Position: Frontend Developer, Yahoo! Groups
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

How Big Can You Think?

The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to stand
out in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand, servicing
over a half billion people, we're determined to maintain our
commitment to delivering news, entertainment, information and
fun...each and every day. In order to maintain our position as one of
the world's most trafficked Internet destinations, we're always on the
lookout for people with big ideas and big talent to help us provide
our visitors with the innovative products and services they've come to
expect from Yahoo!, We're looking for people like you.

About Yahoo! Groups

Yahoo! Groups is the leading online community service, with millions
of users and groups. It allows users with common interests to exchange
emails, to share photos and files, to plan events together, and much
more.

Job Responsibilities

Work closely with interaction designers, visual designers, backend
engineers and product managers to build new features or improve
existing ones on the Yahoo! Groups web frontend. Through the effective
and creative use of CSS, Javascript and HTML, implement a dynamic and
vibrant experience for Yahoo! Groups users.

Minimum Job Qualifications

* 3+ years of industry experience
* Computer Science degree or equivalent
* Strong command of web standards, CSS-driven/tableless HTML layouts,
DHTML (JavaScript 1.0-1.5, CSS1 & CSS2, DOM Levels 0-2), AJAX, cross-
browser compatibility and browser degradation strategies
* Familiar with optimization techniques (both in file weight and
perceived/actual rendering speed), object-oriented design, unit
testing & debugging techniques, dynamic content retrieval, state
management and internationalization
* Understanding of PHP or other web programming languages

Preferred Job Qualifications

* Experience developing high-trafficked, consumer-centric websites
* Exposure to the Yahoo! User Interface libraries
* Experience with Agile development (especially SCRUM)
* Working knowledge of Unix
* Experience working with source control systems (CVS, Perforce, etc.)
* Familiarity with bug tracking tools (Bugzilla, etc.)

Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or
to search all of our openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com

Please contact piernot AT yahoo-inc DOT com