Maybe try these things (and see a post I made a little while ago on another thread where I listed some IE debugging tools)...

1. replace the contents of the jquery file with just an alert('hi'), to ensure that the file is loading.
2. add a query string after the .js, so: src="jquery.js?v=1.2.1"
3. try forcing the "always load from server" (no cache) option using the IE developer toolbar (in my other post) to ensure IE isn't doing some unexpected caching.

- Jack

kevwil wrote:
We are using jQuery in an ajax demo. We have the whole thing written,
and it works in Firefox, Opera, and Safari. IE gives us a blank page.
We have tried to debug the issue, but the jquery.js script won't load.
If we do not load the jquery.js script, the page will load
successfully.

We are using:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="jquery.js"/>

to load the 1.2.1 packed version. We have tried with no charset
specified, and we have tried the full 1.2.1 version. We even put the
web site in the "trusted sites" security zone, but it still refused to
load any further if jquery.js is referenced. There doesn't seem to be
anything funky about our IE settings, since we hardly use IE.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there anything we can do? Any ideas
would be greatly appreciated.