David Pollak schrieb:
although I had to rewrite all the $ references to jQuery so I could fit
Scriptaculous, jQuery, and BlockUIin the same browser.
Why that? BlockUI uses a handy trick to be able to use $ while not relying on the global variable. Details: http://docs.jquery.com/Plugins/Authoring#Custom_Alias_in_plugin_code
I've looked at the Interface Elements plugin for jQuery.  The
documentation says "seek support on the jQuery mailing list."  So...
has this code been extensively tested across Mozilla 1.7, Firefox
1.0+, IE 6 & 7, and Safari 2 & 3?  Is this code actively supported? Is
this code under active development (I've seen some rumors about a
2.0)?
Interface should be superceded by UI soon. Currently both lack the quality of code and documentation that jQuery provides. Your help is welcome on the UI project.
If the answers to the Interface Elements are not "yes", what other
plugins should I be looking at the meet my criteria?
A few plugins come to my mind that you may consider stable enough: Mike Alsup's form plugin, Klaus Hartl's tabs, Christian Bach's tablesorter (both part of UI), my validation plugin. And among the meta/utility plugins are dimensions, metadata and chili which are highly recommended, though those are more interesting if you plan to write and release your own plugins.

-- Jörn