Josh Bush schrieb:
I just released version 1.1 of my Masked Input Plugin for jQuery. I
have more features in the pipeline to add to 1.2, but I wanted to get
a few fixes out the door before doing so. The only thing new this time
is an unmask method.

In addition to code changes, I've made a few more enhancements. I've
added a packed version for those who want the smallest possible
footprint. I've also given the project page a face lift to make things
easier to find.

Below is a list of changes this time:

    * NEW FEATURE: unmask() method to remove masking for a previously
masked input.
    * Safari cursor position fix.
    * Cursor position behavior change: Cursor goes to the end of the
input on a completed input. Cursor goes to the first placeholder
position on a blank input.
    * Fixed improper escaping of certain mask characters.
    * Code refactoring to reduce size and complexity.

Please check it out at: http://digitalbush.com/projects/masked-input-plugin
Great Josh. unmask() is extremely useful to apply multiple masks to a single input based on some other selections, eg. for credicard numbers. For anyone interested in a demo, using both masked input plugin and validation: http://dev.jquery.com/view/trunk/plugins/validate/demo-test/marketo/step2.htm

-- Jörn